Sunday 31 March 2013

Hmmmm

Almost YTOS.

     The week after my last post I headed south to Middlesbrough (sp?) once more for another crit/devil combo. My dad and I left a slightly overcast Edinburgh and the further we travelled, the worse the weather got and driving into the car park we were greeted with 2 degree temperature and heavy sleet. I rode the devil and was quite disappointed after being called out, stopping and then being told I was still in leaving me 4th and out of points. For the crit I felt horrific and decided to sit in for most of the race just following moves. Rian was on a lone attack for the majority and I let the others chase him down before I came out the last corner in 4th wheel and managed to sprint to 1st place which felt really good as a time trial win is nice but the feeling of outsprinting a bunch to the line is hard to beat.

     A few dips with poorliness have only slightly halted my training and especially in the last week I have really upped my riding. I even attempted the Red Bull Hill Chasers yesterday but my below par qualification run meant I didn't qualify for the finals in the evening unfortunately. It was great to get out in the sun this morning for a few hours before coming home to watch the Tour of Flanders (Ronde Van Vlaanderen). Now I'll ease up the volume of riding in preparation for the Youth Tour of Scotland starting this coming Friday. My expectations are not extremely high although I'm confident I can get involved with the front end of the race and hopefully get in some moves and make a difference to the race.

     I'll try and get a post up next Monday evening with the outcome to the tour and hopefully the tone will be positive. Cheers for reading, over and out. x

The last picture is Ben not me.









No comments:

Post a Comment