Sunday 28 April 2013

Pictures and words

Well, I forgot to post after YTOS.... My weekend was a frustrating one but at least Stuart got second and the food was good.
The first national round in hog hill was definitely an improvement. Hog hill is in london if you're wondering, which is a very long journey in the car. It wasn't all that bad though as we went to tebay and saw a burnt out coach and saw a dog riding in the sidecar of a motorbike. I was gridded on the last row of a 110 strong bunch and managed to work my way up into the top 30 after a few laps. The pace was quick but I felt good and managed to make my way into the top 20 with three laps to go of the 2km circuit. The atmosphere on the climb was amazing but coming around to get the 2 to go my legs suddenly went. My legs turned out to be fine in the end, it was my rear tyre that had decided to have a puncture at the worst moment. No laps out with 5 to go. Following the wheel change I rolled around, thankfully finishing on the same lap as the leader. I was pleased with my legs but 840 miles is a long way to puncture. A very long way.
I'm writing at the moment in the hope that it will benefit me tomorrow in my first big exam at 9. Next week will be tough with 4 exams in 5 days but following that I have 4 weeks in which I have 3 exams and lots of time for bicycling. Wolverhampton national is the next big race for me with a maths exam ruling myself and many other scots out of Isle of Man.
Thanks for reading, over and out. X




















No comments:

Post a Comment