Friday 12 July 2013

Apr

A large scratch group assembled in the lay by before the call of rolling out was heard and we all headed off to start the race (yes, race, what of it?). It was a hot evening and no one wanted to take it up so the first lap was steady with everyone eyeing each other up, whilst others gazed in awe at the British champion.
Onto the second lap and things were starting to heat up. A few digs off the front by numerous riders were all closed down quickly but the pace definitely seemed higher and already riders were feeling the burn, getting spat out into the abyss. I was rolling through the line well and my legs felt amazing (as per). I knew this was my race (yes, race) to lose.
Finally the last lap arrived andy positioning was far from ideal towards the back of the bunch. It was strung out but after a superhuman effort by me I was able to work my way up the bunch. Two riders were up the road and I knew that was where I needed to be so I kicked hard leaving everyone gasping at my strength and finesse. I bridged the gap, turning round to see the whole bunch on my wheel.
In the closing metres I was sat second so attacked once more putting huge distance into my fellow racers behind but unfortunately they caught up and sprinted past. Ben won. The end.


No comments:

Post a Comment